‘Pitch In’ : Fixtures Secretary
The role of the Fixtures Secretary is to plan and arrange all club/league fixtures, liaising with other clubs/organisations and taking into account league and championship events, venue constraints, the competition structure and the requirements of individual clubs. The role also includes the production and circulation of fixture lists to all relevant participants.
To be discussed with club/league organisers. You will need your own IT equipment, including a printer.
What you’ll do:
- Arrange all club/organisation fixtures.
- Produce fixtures card/list for all members (and post fixtures on the relevant website).
- Liaise with other clubs/organisations to arrange fixtures.
- Ensure that members are aware of fixtures.
- Ensure transport for away fixtures.
- Attend club/league Committee meetings.
- Liaise with the club/league Registration Secretary.
- Good IT skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Friendliness and approachability.
- Organisational and administration skills
- Learning new skills and developing existing skills through hands-on experience.
- Personal and professional development and/or training.
- The ability to explore career or job opportunities in a voluntary capacity.
- A chance to have fun and meet new people, enjoying the traditional social life that baseball or softball clubs generate.
- Experiencing new challenges.
- Supporting your local community, with the personal satisfaction that comes with knowing you have helped others.
- A written/verbal reference.
- A brilliant CV booster (73% of employers will employ a candidate with volunteer experience over one without).